In this question, a question is followed by two statements, (I) and (II). You have to decide whether the information given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question or not. Read both statements and select the appropriate answer. Among the 5 rods V, H, Y, D and N (each of different length), which rod is the longest? (I) V is longer than D but shorter than N. V is shorter than only one rod. (II) D is longer than H.
Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM
Options
- (A) Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question
- (B) Information given in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while information given in statement I is not sufficient
- (C) Information given in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while information given in statement II is not sufficient
- (D) Statements I and II together (and neither statement I nor statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question
Verified Answer
Option (C): Information given in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while information given in statement II is not sufficient
Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bf56-1881-72e8-9ffc-912e63afeaa1/in-this-question-a-question-is