In this question, a question is followed by two statements numbered (I) and (II). You have to find out whether the information given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question or not. Study both statements and select the appropriate answer. Question: Five persons – Riya, Sanjay, Tanu, Umesh and Varsha – are sitting in the same row facing west. Who sits third from the left end? (I) Only one person sits between Riya and Sanjay. Tanu sits immediately next to Riya. (II) Varsha sits at the right end, and Umesh sits immediately to the left of Varsha.
Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM
Options
- (A) Only the data of statement I is sufficient to answer the question, while the data of statement II is not sufficient.
- (B) Both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
- (C) Both statements I and II together (and statement I alone or statement II alone not) are sufficient to answer the question.
- (D) Only the data of statement II is sufficient to answer the question, while the data of statement I is not sufficient.
Verified Answer
Option (B): Both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bf58-27f1-75c7-a9ca-95c6cb320cf3/in-this-question-a-question-is