After a question, two statements numbered (I) and (II) are given. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read both statements and select the appropriate answer. Q. Of the 5 rods B, U, N, M and D, where each has a different length, which rod is the shortest? (I) M is longer than only one rod. B is longer than U. (II) M is longer than D.

Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM

Options

  1. (A) Both statements I and II together (and not statement I alone or statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question
  2. (B) Both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question
  3. (C) The data given in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data given in statement I alone is not sufficient
  4. (D) The data given in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data given in statement II alone is not sufficient

Verified Answer

Option (A): Both statements I and II together (and not statement I alone or statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question


Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bf86-4f23-7e22-92ab-dce973ee18bb/after-a-question-two-statements-numbered