After a question, two statements numbered (I) and (II) are given. You have to decide whether the information given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read both statements and select the appropriate answer. Of the five rods V, H, Y, D and N, each of a different length. Which is the longest rod? (I) Y is shorter than N. (II) D is longer than N.

Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM

Options

  1. (A) Both statements I and II jointly are not sufficient to answer the question
  2. (B) The information given in statement II is sufficient to answer the question, while the information given in statement I is not sufficient
  3. (C) The information given in statement I is sufficient to answer the question, while the information given in statement II is not sufficient
  4. (D) Both statements I and II jointly (and not statement I alone or statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question

Verified Answer

Option (A): Both statements I and II jointly are not sufficient to answer the question


Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bf9d-88f7-714e-8f59-6882960ab2cc/after-a-question-two-statements-numbered