After a question, two statements numbered (I) and (II) are given. You have to decide whether the information given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read both statements and select the appropriate answer. Question: The ages of P, Q, R, S and T are different. Who is the eldest among them? Statements: (I) R is elder than S and T but younger than Q. (II) Q is younger than P. P is elder than R.

Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM

Options

  1. (A) The data given in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data given in statement I is not sufficient
  2. (B) The data given in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data given in statement II is not sufficient.
  3. (C) Both statements I and II together (neither statement I alone nor statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question.
  4. (D) Both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.

Verified Answer

Option (C): Both statements I and II together (neither statement I alone nor statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question.


Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bfa2-a049-70f6-91c7-45d7dd0b81b0/after-a-question-two-statements-numbered