In the following question, two statements numbered (I) and (II) follow the question. You have to determine whether the information given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Study both statements and select the appropriate answer. Each of the five trees, N, O, R, S and T, is of a different height; which tree is the shortest? (I) O is shorter than S and T is shorter than O. S is taller than only two trees. (II) N is taller than R.

Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM

Options

  1. (A) Both statements I and II together (neither statement I nor statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question
  2. (B) The data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I is not sufficient
  3. (C) Both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question
  4. (D) The data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II is not sufficient

Verified Answer

Option (D): The data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II is not sufficient


Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bfb2-7129-7336-a5ee-61f8b78c77d8/in-the-following-question-two-statements