A question is followed by two statements I and II. You must decide whether the information given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read both statements and choose the most appropriate answer. Question: Among 5 trees, L, M, O, P and Q, each of a different height, which tree is the tallest? Statements: (I) O is taller than L but shorter than M. O is shorter than only one tree. (II) L is taller than Q.
Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM
Options
- (A) Both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
- (B) The data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
- (C) Both statements I and II together (and neither statement I nor statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question.
- (D) The data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
Verified Answer
Option (D): The data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bfb5-125f-7e2d-9378-4a8e64bf80c4/a-question-is-followed-by-two