A question is followed by two statements numbered (I) and (II). You have to decide whether the information in the statements is sufficient to answer the question or not. Read both statements and select the appropriate answer. Question: A, B, C, D and E scored different marks. Among them, who scored the second highest marks? Statements: (I) D scored more marks than B, C and A, but fewer marks than E. (II) C scored more marks than A and B.
Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM
Options
- (A) Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
- (B) The data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II is not sufficient.
- (C) The data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I is not sufficient.
- (D) Statements I and II together (neither statement I nor statement II alone) are sufficient to answer the question.
Verified Answer
Option (B): The data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II is not sufficient.
Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bfc2-0574-7bf7-9edd-f1f89ab118b5/a-question-is-followed-by-two