In the following question, two statements numbered (I) and (II) follow a question. You have to decide whether the information given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read both statements and determine the appropriate answer. Of the 5 trees L, M, O, P and Q, each has a different height; which tree is the shortest? (I) L is shorter than M but taller than Q. O is taller than Q. (II) P is taller than only one tree.

Subject: Reasoning Ability | Topic: Decision making | Difficulty: MEDIUM

Options

  1. (A) The information in both statements I and II together (neither statement I alone nor statement II alone) is sufficient to answer the question.
  2. (B) The information in both statements I and II together is not sufficient to answer the question.
  3. (C) The information in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the information in statement II alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
  4. (D) The information in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the information in statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.

Verified Answer

Option (A): The information in both statements I and II together (neither statement I alone nor statement II alone) is sufficient to answer the question.


Practice complete mock tests for SSC, Banking & Railway exams at https://testx.in/questions/01a0bfc9-0486-7476-8df9-d929f9d9c31a/in-the-following-question-two-statements